I’ve been in the online business since 2013 and I noticed how I got hooked in Social Media and relied on it to market my services and help new and aspiring VA’s learn the business. This post is my own way of making you smile while you might find yourself with these 15 symptoms you’re infected with #socialmedia dependency syndrome. May you be a virtual assistant, freelancer, online entrepreneur or just a social media fanatic.
<h2>15 Symptoms You’re Infected</h2>
- You wake up and look at your phone first before you go to the bathroom, brush your teeth or even have breakfast. Sounds familiar?
- You sometimes or often times eat, drink and talk while looking at your phone more than usual, assuming for any new notification or PM’s to pop. Oh, and once it does, you can hardly help replying ASAP as if your life depends on it.
- You take pictures of anything you do so you can have new material for posting.
- You also take pictures of anything that interests you though most often times everything does and you have difficulty figuring out what to use anymore.
- Once someone cracks a joke or say something interesting, you’re fingers itch, wanting to post it, again, ASAP.
- You are go to the bathroom with your phone even if you know there’s a risk of it getting wet as if your 5-10 minutes “stay” will delay your social networking activities.
- You’ll sleep with your phone.
- You can hardly go to sleep with your phone.
- You want to ditch your phone during movie time, swimming or family and friends’ gathering but is really having a hard time doing so.
- Your circle of friends share the same symptoms with you.
- You’re an active member of at least 5-10 Social Media Groups.
- You are rarely go out with friends and find yourself enjoying the online community.
- You’ll often smile or laugh by yourself because of a post or comments to a post and feel you’re obligated to reply, like or comment back.
- You have more NetLingo vocabulary or at least know three of them. Most popular terms are: LMAO, ROFL, LOL, SMH, BRB, ASAMOF, IDK, BBL. You may also find more of them here: http://www.netlingo.com/acronyms.php
- You’re enjoying reading this post.
Now, to further test yourself, tally your “score”. How many times did you find yourself having these “symptoms”? If you have at least 10 out of 15 of these symptoms, you must be joining the club!
#socialmedia Anyway, I’m just making fun of it but I find it true for myself. 15 out or 15 for me and I really had fun writing them! If you like it or have more to add, feel free to comment below. You can also share this with your friends and make them wonder if they are “infected” with the “#SocialMedia Dependency Disorder” and also have these symptoms.