The very main reason I studied SEO is to be able to learn how to blogging effectively and not just write for the purpose of it. I know most of you have been asking what is SEO blogging and how to write one or more so, how important it is for my <a href=’http://www.professionalvas.com/checklist-to-become-a-virtual-assistant/#.U7O6hHWx15Q’>virtual assistant</a> or home-based business?
<a href=’http://www.professionalvas.com/virtual-assistant-collaborates-seo-consultant/#.U7O7yXWx15Q’>SEO</a> is a short term for Search Engine Optimization, a strategic way to make a website rank on the top page of Google or other search engine searches. It’s not done in a day or two or even weeks. It takes a lot of effort to do it and one way is to blog regularly and effectively. Some call it SEO Blogging, others SEO-friendly blogging.
Whatever they want to call it, it only means writing a blog using a certain technique that will help the blog and the website to get seen on searches better, thus, increasing the number of visits to their <a href=’http://www.professionalvas.com/building-website-heres-checklist-things-need-contacting-designer/’>website</a>. It’s called web traffic.
Now, let’s get to the “How it is done” part.
1. Know your ideal audience and product or services.If you don’t have a product or service you’re offering, at least your activism or the reason you’ve chosen to build a website. Your <a href=’http://www.professionalvas.com/new-way-market-story-telling/’>website</a>. By clearly identifying both of this, you have a clear idea of who your readers are and what your blog topic would be.
2. Plan your blog topics. Having a plan gives you enough time to take your own pictures so you won’t have to get pictures from the internet and avoid a little trouble. These tips are also in my previous blog, <a href=’http://www.professionalvas.com/blogging-101-aspiring-bloggers-virtual-assistants/#.U7OuH3Wx15Q’>Blogging 101</a> so if you want to have a more detailed explanation, I suggest you take time to read it, too.
It is better to research on it before choosing a topic which of course should be related to the product or service you’re selling online. As much as possible, choose a topic that you can hardly find online and make sure that it gives a lot of new information or a solutions to a problem of your target audience.
3. Know your blog topic for the day and write about it. Write as you talk and how you want it to flow. Leave the proofreading at the end. Just write and have fun. Your audience will feel it if you just wrote a blog just for the purpose of writing one.
4. Once your first draft is done, get the copy of your <a href=’http://www.smallbusinesscomputing.com/buyersguide/article.php/3842701/SEO-Tips-How-to-Increase-Traffic-With-Keywords.htm’>keywords</a>. Those are business ‘ predetermined keywords and should been set up as your “website description” or “meta tag.”. At least 4-5 keywords for starters will do.
If you don’t have it yet, I suggest you ask help from professional keyword researcher or <a href=’http://www.professionalvas.com/15-seo-tips-virtual-assistants-home-based-businesses/’>SEO Consultants</a> and managers to choose the best keyword for your website. It includes a lot of research including the evaluation of rivals, so it is a great advantage to have your keywords analyzed by professionals.
5. Let’s assume that you already have your keyword list in place. Get all of them. Now get back to your blog and re-read them, find where you can fill-in your keywords. Make sure that your sentence still looks natural. I suggest to fill-in at least 1-2 keywords per blog so as not to “stuff” the blog with too much keyword. Google knows it and you can get “slapped” if you do that.
Slapped means your website might be penalized by Google and instead of getting ranked better, you’ll end up <a href=’http://www.citationlab.com/seo-dead/’>ranked down</a> down or worse, your website won’t end up in any search at all.
6. Once you’ve properly stuffed your blog with enough keywords, it’s time to <a href=’http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyperlink’>hyperlink</a> them. Hyperlinking is making a certain text clickable, pointing to your other blogs related to the keywords or to other authority sites. Those are sites with a lot of viewers and have already established a name in the online industry.
Hyper link looks like this :
It is a short code that tells the user to click on the word “challenge,” and once clicked, the site will direct the reader between the apostrophe to the URL or web address. Sometimes, you may see quotes (“LINK in between”) in the link but they almost do pretty much the same thing.
The (“LINK in between”) is a dynamic code while the (‘LINK in between’) is static. Website developers and programmer do that but i don’t want to deal with it too much. Sometimes I just change the”) (“”into (”) if there’s a problem in the link and it’s solved as long there’s no other error in the code.
7. You can leave it for a day or two and get back to it for editing after. I’ve been using this technique to be able to forget what I wrote. Be able to get a fresh pair of eyes to look at it again to see the errors in grammar. Spelling, indention, punctuation and everything else.